It’s nice to e-meet you, we are Heston, and we are creating a truly independent MRO that we love.
Heston MRO was branded back in 2018 after a purchase from another company. From then on, we put our heart and soul into building 2 products, the MRO for our customers and our culture for our employees. Heston MRO focuses primarily online maintenance, but recently we have pushed forward and continue to develop our projects unit of the business, along with our engine on wing/ off wing business unit.
Our Company is in all major airports around Australia and a couple of seasonal locations such as Coolangatta. Each of our locations are headed up with one of our experienced Station Maintenance Managers to support their engineering crews that work hard to keep the air network flying. Our Head Office, where all of the backend work happens, is located in Brisbane just a stone’s throw from the airport precinct.
We have a varied and exciting opportunity for an experienced Company Accountant to join our Finance Team in our Head office location at Brisbane.
Some of the primary duties and responsibilities that make up this role include:
- Supervising an Accounts Payable Officer and a Junior Accountant/Revenue Officer
- Hold independent approvals for expenditure and banking release codes
- Managing expenses and payments, along with scrutinising these for accuracy
- Balance sheet schedules for monthly and quarterly closing
- Reviewing customer contracts and invoices
- BAS- Quarterly and year-end reconciliation
- Weekly performance reports for investor/owners
- FBT Submissions
- Monthly payroll tax and year end reconciliations
- Internal/external audits, as well as conducting a year end audit of date
- Overseeing external auditors
- Assistance in new finance systems project implementation
- Other duties as Finance Manager requires
How can you be the ‘chosen one’?
- Australian citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Chartered Accountant Membership
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including meeting management
- Analytical skills and ability to look at data/reports and prepare trend analysis
- Intermediate or above in Excel
- Advanced knowledge of MYOB
- Solid knowledge of Accounting Regulations
- Strong understanding of ATO Regulations
- Mathematical skill level must be strong with high attention to detail
- Ability to manage/supervise lower-level team members well
The Position is a full time and permanent role, based full time in our head office.
What can we provide for you?
Heston MRO encourages a workforce that feels valued and empowered in both their professional and personal lives, we do this by adhering to our values and encouraging and manifesting our Culture.
Our Heston People propellers, “propel” us to meet our people verticals we focus on across our workforce. Some of those include, social opportunities, monthly company newsletter, referrals program, career development pathways, internal mobility and regular feedback.
Our work environment includes an open-door policy, a hands-on management team, a recognition/rewards program and innovation with investment in new systems.
Those ‘fluffy’ extras aren’t all that important to many in our workforce as the feedback is that they just value our culture, however, we do provide some benefits which include, Christmas gift vouchers, dress down Fridays (head office), monthly morning teas, free car parking, catered Christmas celebration, gift voucher rewards, flu jab and an Employee Assistance Program.
Please apply here > https://forms.office.com/r/pgTrgewUpF